January 23, 2012

Theory

So as you may or may not know, I am in grad school right now while teaching full time. So far, most of my classes have been very enjoyable except for one I took over the summer which was the only class I did not get an A in. This semester, on top of driving an HOUR to class right after school on Monday, the class is about the theory of human development.

Interesting? Eh, No thanks. I think I would rather take a Calculus test & I hate Calculus.

Maybe it will get a little better in a few weeks seeing as this was our 2nd class, but I'm just not feeling it. My program is Elementary Mathematics Education so why in the world do I need to take a class about theory? I get it I need to know the basics which I do & learned about in undergrad but seriously a page full of theorists? WHYYYYY. We have our first "short quiz" next week which is supposed to take an hour. I'm really not liking this semester already, but the upside? Getting to be back in McGuffey Hall again.

Someone just give me some math already please & thank you.

I will leave you with a problem I got from another math teacher last week. Now here is what I need. Logic problems. Yes, I was the nerd doing this problem between Bradley's Friday night basketball games. Were some of his players starring at me awkwardly wondering why I was doing math on a Friday night? Yes. Did I care? Nope. I love logic.

I believe it came from the Readers Digest, but I'm not sure. Let's see who can figure it out :) It took me about two hours, but that was with many interruptions.




Ol' Santa's pack held thirty toys
Made by his elfin crew; And though none made the same amount, 
Each elf made more than two. The elf named Cher made one more toy Than the elf who dressed in reds, But Cher made one less Christmas toy Than the elf who made the sleds. Spry Johnny Elf made racing cars. Five toys were made by Jane. The elf who dressed in yellow suits Made each and every train. The elf who always dressed in green Made one-third as many as Sue. Cute Marcia Elf was dressed in orange, And one elf dressed in blue. The elf who made the spinning tops Made the most toys of them all. Another perky, smiling elf Made each and every ball. Ole Santa's pack held 30 gifts All tagged for girls and boys, From the clues you've been given, Now guess who made what toys! 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with everything girl ! It sounds stressful, but hopefully it will get easier soon !

    ReplyDelete