August 8, 2011

It's that time of the year!

I'm so exhausted today. Today was the first day we were allowed in our classrooms. I had a lot of stuff at home that I had to get together so I didn't get to school until about 10:30ish. I think my parents are happy that their dining room actually looks like one again. I was overtaking it with school supplies. Well if you have been reading here you know I do not have my own classroom this year. It was a challenge going from a HUGE classroom with tons of storage to an office which is in-between two classrooms. It's shaped like half a hexagon for all you math people out there. 


As soon as I got there, I had boxes everywhere. My desk goes all the way across the room and it was stacked with boxes. The first few hours I spent unpacking my boxes and finding a place for everything temporarily. Then, I could see everything I had and how I wanted to organize it. I didn't get any before or during pictures, but I did take after pictures. I didn't leave until about 8:00 when it started storming, and I was the only one in the building. 


Here are the almost completed office pictures! It's actually not a bad size, but I feel like everyone can see what I'm doing so I need to cover up the windows on the door. It's in the 8th grade hallway so I don't want my students from last year walking by and knocking on my door.







My computer area. The door to come in is to the left.

The corner of the desk

The other side of the desk

Wider view

From the other side

Looking at the back wall from the corner in the desk. 

Cabinet 1

Cabinet 2

I have a lot of stuff. I will take more detailed pictures once everything is finished. I don't have my cart yet so that will take some time to get ready. I have set aside everything I want on my cart so it's just kind of sitting around right now. I spent the last our labeling everything as you can see from some of the pictures. In such a small space I really need to be organized. I'm a pretty organized person anyway, but this will end up being super organization. Let's just see if I can get it there. 


I'll post more once I get it complete!


Jenna

1 comment: