September 22, 2011

Sick days

I'm sick again...

I think this is just a full blown sinus infection. Started out with just a sore/dry throat and got progressively worse this week. I struggled the past two days at school and decided to take the day off today after not sleeping last night and not being able to think clearly. I hate taking sick days. I was sick most of the year last year but only had to take two days off. I really hope this year I'm not sick all the time. I think my students got used to me sounding like a man last year (embarrassing) because I would lose my voice and sound awful. Hopefully I can get it out of my system early & stay healthy with flu season coming up!

While I sit here at home all day, I do have time to catch up on the laundry I haven't done in two weeks. I'm so congested though that I got winded after bringing my two large laundry baskets to the laundry room. I'm two loads in... many more to go.

While I wait for my laundry machine to buzz at me, Bubba and I are sitting here enjoying some day time t.v. that I never get to watch like Regis & Kelly and The Price is Right. I've been cuddling up with my large cup of coffee with peppermint mocha creamer (the best!), a box of tissues, and my dog that loves to cuddle during the day but doesn't want to be touched at night.

Cuddling :)
 We are currently watching The Price is Right. Yes Bubba watches too :)


Watching The Price is Right reminds me so much of both my grandmas. My dad's mom passed away back in 2001 from cancer, but my mom's mom who is 86 lives with us now because she suffers from dementia. I would always watch this show at both my grandma's house. We would always play along with the show while my cousin would claim that he saw his soccer coach or his teacher in the audience.  This show really brings me back to my childhood where I didn't have a worry in the world, at least none that were very important. Yes the show isn't the same without Bob, but it still has the same feel which is nice. I would watch this when I was sick because I would always be with one of my grandmas when I couldn't go to school since my parents work full time. 



Sick days are not really different from when I was younger. Yes I am doing laundry which I never used to do, but when I go back to school tomorrow (hopefully) I will still have things to make up just like I did when I was little. 

Hopefully I can enjoy this sick day as much as possible despite the ability to breathe. The buzzer went off on the dryer. Off I go to continue my third load...




0 comments:

Post a Comment