August 16, 2011

Salsa Anyone?

I really love any type of salsa. I like mine pretty spicy, but my family does not. So when I came across this pin on pinterest, I knew I had to try it. The recipe came from here. I HIGHLY recommend this if you like salsa. It has a good level of spice to it, but is still mild for others. The recipe gives you a few different options, but this is what Brad and I did....


  • A produce bag full of roma tomatoes
  • 15 serrano peppers
  • 2 yellow onions
  • 8 cloves of garlic
  • 2 TBSP salt
  • 2 bunches of cilantro (I like a lot of cilantro in my salsa)
This makes a very large portion fyi

1. Halve the tomatoes and onions and place them on a baking sheet. Add the peppers and garlic also.


2. Bake the ingredients at 375 until the onions start falling apart and the tomatoes are starting to look soft.




3. Let it all cool very well! We made this twice and the second time we were in a hurry to eat it and forgot to let it cool. It didn't taste very well at first until the whole thing cooled down. 

4. Put all the ingredients in a food processor or a blender. We used a blender, and we took the seeds out of the peppers. 



I don't have an after picture probably because we started eating it right away & it didn't last too long. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! That looks so good. We have a bunch of tomatoes from our garden, I will have to make this. I found your blog through Lamberts Lately. I am a 7th grade math teacher also (but haven't linked up my classroom, yet!)

    ReplyDelete